* Treasures of Aht Urhgan required.
* Near East access required.
* Supports 3 parties.
* Nyzul Isle staging point can be used to get to camp.
* 1 Imperial silver piece to access the ruins if you're walking here.
* Warp recommended. *see comments
How to get there:
1. Bring an Imperial silver piece to access the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins.
2. Enter the ruins from (F-6) of the Bhaflau Thickets.
3. Take the really bright portal in the first room.
4. Then, take the other really bright portal.
-If you took the runic portal, follow the instructions from this point onwards.-
5. Take the portal right in the middle of (G-9). (If you walked here, head south from where you pop and it'll be the first portal you see.)
6. Take the dim-lit portal.
7. Exit as normal.
Primary: Mamool Ja
* Mamool Ja
* Aggro to Sight
* Links by Sight
Primary: Greater Colibri
* Not Aggro
* Links by Sight
* Weak to Piercing weapons
* Very Strong against Wind
This part of the Bhaflau Thickets can be split into three zones- the "upper", "middle", and "lower" sections. Each section supports one party. Note that once you drop down, you cannot get back up to a higher section.
The top section is filled with DRG and BST Mamool Ja, providing easy chains. The middle and bottom section is populated by Greater Colibri and Wivres, which are not xp mobs. The Greater Colibri are unique to this part of the Bhaflau Thickets, and thus will the the focus of this entry.
As mentioned, the bottom section supports 2 parties- one party just after the dropoff from the top setion, and one more on the far west side, closer to the Halvung zone.
Greater Colibri share all the traits of regular Colibri, including their Mime traits. However, Greater Colibri also link by sight, unlike their lesser cousins. Because of Snatch Morsel, you will have to take into account that you will be fighting without food effects for much of the time. Fortunately, Greater Colibri are just as squishy as ever. They do, however, have noticeably high evasion, so bring a BRD or COR in your party though to cater for this.
There's no need to hold back on enfeebles because of Reflect since debuffs land easily. If you insist on having some form of food buff, bring something cheap, like Mithkabobs.
Overall, it's an easy camp, but still exercise some caution as things can get out of hand quickly. One trick you may want to use is to Dia a Colibri, so it will mimic it (most likely) to you. You are now safe from any mimicked Sleep effects! Finally, for obvious reasons, do not Sleepga or Horde Lullaby the Greater Colibri unless absolutely necessary.
Finally, unlike many of the ToAU camps, you will not be able to get back to a runic portal to teleport back to Aht Urhgan, so be sure to have a way of getting back by yourself (be it a BLM, Warp Cudgel, or whatnot.)